Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict between Toolset Views and Themeco Pro

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Doug Watt 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:

1. I building a site using Themeco Pro. I have used v1.2.7 (the latest stable version) and also v2.0.0RC1 (the very latest release candidiate for an update whuch is about to be released any day now).
2. I have built various views, layouts and form using the Toolset suite. I built these first - before I started building pages with Pro. They all looked good. No problems.
3. When I started building pages, I had heard that there were incompatibilities between Pro and CRED. So I deactivated CRED but was still having problems. Eventually, I de-activated all Toolset suits and built some pages with Pro.
4. I then stated to try to make Pro and Toolset work together after a number of weeks. I have isolated the problem to an incompatibility between Pro and Views. I can keep all other Toolset plugins activated (types, layouts and CRED) and Pro works properly, but as soon as I activate Views there are problems with Pro.
5. The specific problem is this: I have created Headers and Footers in Pro and they work consistently, I can also use the Content builder in Pro (as long as Views is deactivated), but a soon as Views is activated, no Content created in Pro Content builder appears on any page. The content also doesn't appear in the Content builder preview area. I can see the content in "skeleton view", but not in the preview window.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Doug

Views Content Templates work with themes that render the post content with the standard WP function the_content(), which is to say, most themes.

Where themes do not use the_content() but use a custom function instead, that custom function can be registered with Views to enable templates to work.

Some themes do neither, and without customisation are not compatible with Views.

You can read about registering custom functions here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/editing-view-templates/theme-support-for-content-templates/

If that is not applicable because there is no custom function (just custom code that is not wrapped in a dedicated function) then to make the theme work with Views templates it would be necessary to rewrite the section responsible for generating the post content to use the_content().

Naturally, you would do this in a child theme, and you could make the changes so that they are only used for your custom post types for which you make Views templates by making a more focused version of the PHP template for displaying single posts, i.e. make a duplicate of single.php, rename it single-project.php (to display single CPT project posts, for example), and then edit it so that it uses the_content() to output the post body. You can look at single.php from the twentyseventeen theme to see the kind of thing involved.

If you get stuck, let me know.

Many thanks for the help, Nigel.

For some unexplained reason, the problem resolved itself. I have started looking at other themes and page builders though, as Themeco doesn't seem to consider proper integration and compatibility with Toolset very high in their priorities.

I will also take a look at the themes and the theme builder options in the Toolset suite.

I am still coming to grips with all that I can do using Toolset. Some customisation of some of my Woocommerce sites is next on the agenda. 🙂

Thanks again,

Doug
====

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.