Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blog archive not being shown when Views active

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The standard blog archive is blank whenever Views is active.

Solution:
The user had begun to create a custom WordPress archive for the blog using Views but didn't complete it, and the custom archive output nothing.

Either delete the unused custom archive, or complete it, adding the required fields to the output section.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescoR-3 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi, the "toolset view" plug-in creates a problem on the home page of my site. If the plugin is active, the last posts are not displayed when the page is loaded. If I deactivate the plugin everything works. I contacted the theme support and they confirmed that the problem depends on the "toolset view" plugin.

Theme: Soledad WP Theme - current version 6.3.1

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 13.17.33.png

It looks like you started to create a custom blog archive with Toolset but didn't finish.

If you go to Toolset > WordPress Archives you will see that you has assigned a custom archive to the blog, but editing it the output section is empty (see screenshot), hence nothing is shown.

You need to either complete creating a custom archive, or unassign/delete the custom archive you half-finished, in which case you will again see the archive generated by your theme.

https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.