Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict between Elementor Pro and Toolset Blocks

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geophray 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to create a custom taxonomy archive page but it seems that a recent update introduced a conflict between the Elementor Pro and Toolset Blocks plugins. Neither plugin is able to output a view for the category archives unless the other plugin is disabled.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
(You'll need these credentials as the site has privacy mode enabled currently: u/n rodlimb p/w communicating-love )

I expected to see:
The view output from either plugin. (Ideally I'd like to build the archive using Elementor Pro.)

Instead, I got:
No output. Only the header/footer are displayed with no content area between them.

Hello,

I have tried the URL you mentioned above, but I see only a blank page, since it is a compatibility problem, please follow our document to provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the files in your own google drive disk, and share the link.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is any found.

Here are what I found:
1) According to our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/design-archive-pages-for-custom-post-types/
The workflow for designing archive pages with Toolset is different than the one for creating templates with Elementor.
So it will produce conficts if you use Toolset and Elementor pluins to design the taxonomy archive page.

2) For example, if you want to design the category archive page using Toolset, you can try these:
1) Dashboard-> Templates-> Saved Templates,
2) Find and trush both template:
- Category Archive
- Main Blog Archive

Or change them to other archive page, exlude the category archive page

Hi Luo! Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this. I didn't realize that there was a content template assigned to my Reviews CPT archive from the toolset side. I didn't mean to create that association, which is what was causing the conflict. Thanks for helping me to know where to look to resolve the problem.

I've unassociated all content templates from the reviews archive, and that solved the problem for me.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.