Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional removes content if I use any url in the content

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello.

I'm using term fields and a wordpress archive template. But there is an issue. Anytime my content has a url on those term fields it doesn't publish anything from those term fields.

On the code I have:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types termmeta='texto-da-atraccao-turistica-1'][/types]' ne '' )"]

[wpv-autop]<p>[types termmeta='texto-da-atraccao-turistica-1' output='raw'][/types]</p>[/wpv-autop]
[/wpv-conditional]

Then I tried to remove the conditional and use only. And it publishes the content.

[wpv-autop]<p>[types termmeta='texto-da-atraccao-turistica-1' output='raw'][/types]</p>[/wpv-autop]

However, I need these fields to be conditional.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jorge

Can you give me a specific example of where and when this happens so I can better understand the problem.

I still have access to your site from another ticket, so I guess we are talking about the term fields you have added to the viagems custom taxonomy.

Hi Nigel,

It happens in all the fields where I've the conditional code I've mentioned above.

-- redacted --

Could you mark this message private as well?

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jorge

I can see the issue, but I can't reproduce it on a local test site.

I added debug="true" to your wpv-conditional shortcode but the debug info is not displaying, so I'm going to run a test with minimal install to understand why and I'll update you when I can see why. I see you have maintenance mode on, so I'll quickly run those tests and then revert the site back to its current state.

If needs be I may make a duplicate of your site for testing locally.

Thanks Nigel. Please keep me posted.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jorge

I did some further testing and was finally able to pin-point the issue. The URL specifically needs to be in a link (i.e. the href of an a tag) rather than simply including a URL in the text.

I have escalated this thread so that it can be investigated further, and hopefully a fix found.

In the meantime, the only option is to convert the links in your meta fields to simple URLs.

I'll update you here when I have any news.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for checking into this.

How long do you reckon the fix will take?

What to you mean by simple url?

Is it?

hidden link

or

<a href="hidden link" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Moher Cliffs oficial site</a>

Also, I can now see the debug window on the live pages. Are you leaving this there for now while is investigated?

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jorge

I can't say how long a fix might take because the cause hasn't been determined yet.

By inserting URLs not links I mean

// this is okay
Visit <em><u>hidden link</u></em> to search

// this is not okay
Visit <a href="www.google.com">www.google.com</a> to search

The debug info, sorry if I left that active, it is simply a question of removing the debug="true" attributes from the conditionals I was testing...

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to wait for the fix, as the alternative isn't a really going to work. I need links not just the urls without links.

Hopefully it won't be long before a fix is found.

Thanks.

Hi there. I wonder if there is an update to this issue?

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jorge

I checked the internal tickets and there is no fix available yet.

I have commented that you are asking about progress, I'll update when I get a reply from them.

Thanks Nigel.

Please keep me posted.

Hi there. I wonder if there is any update about this issue?

Many thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jorge

I'm sorry to report that there is no progress. I checked the internal tickets and it is with the developers, but not currently being worked on.

At the moment priority is being given to completing the initial work on the many-to-many post relationships update to Types and related plugins.

All I can do is keep mentioning that you are asking about progress, which I have once again.

When there is any progress I'll let you know.

Once again, my apologies.

Thanks Nigel.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.