Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional Ooutput -Comparing Two Custom Post Types Without Post Relationship

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have two custom post types, Houses and Buyers. I am trying to compare a custom field (house-type-house) from custom post type Houses to (house-type-buyer) from custom post type Buyer.

I'd like to create a view that for example when I select a buyer lists all the houses that meet their criteria based on their set of custom fields.

I appreciate that post relationships can do this if I manually link each buyer to a house but that's not practical.

I would like one company to be able to log in and list a property and then have a view with "Recommended Buyers" built into the content template once it's created and vice versa I'd like another company to list a buyer and then have a view with "Recommended Houses" built into their content template.

Is this possible, I feel it is but can't figure it out?

Hi,

How do you setup the custom fields "house-type-house" and "house-type-buyer"?
If they are multiple choices custom checkboxes fields, I suggest you use a custom hierarchical taxonomy "house-type" to replace it:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/create-custom-taxonomies/

Register taxonomy "house-type" to both post types:
- house
- buyer

In a single "buyer" post, you can create a nested view:
1) Parent taxonomy view, query terms of taxonomy "house-type", filter by terms assigned to current post
2) Child post view, query posts of "house" post type, filter by "house-type" term from parent taxonomy view.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Ah brilliant, thanks Lou, this is a great start.

Would it be possible to take this one stage further and filter the results more based on a radius of the post types respective address fields?

I'm not too sure if it is resolved but I'm parking the issue for a while. Would it be possible to keep the ticket open? No problem if not.

OK, please update this thread if you need more assistance for it, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.