Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional on View

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Show a sold-out heading

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: A red sold out heading under the date.

Instead, I got: Output as if the condition was not true.

The only way I can get it to work as expected is if I am editing the view in question, Workshop Events. While editing, even looking on another computer that is logged out, it works as expected. Once I close the editing page, the conditional no longer works.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for getting in touch.
I took a look at this for you and it seems to be working.

Could you check on your end and let me know the results ?

Thanks,
Shane

It works as expected on the content template, but not on the View. It works while you are logged into the site. But visit the site when you are logged out and it is no longer working. It is almost like the conditional has some kind of privilege interaction that does not allow it to display correctly when the user is logged out.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

I'm able to see some inconsistent behaviour on your site with the conditionals.

If possible could you disable all the non-toolset plugins so and see if the issue is still present ?

Once you have done this please let me know the results.
Thanks,
Shane

Since this is a live site, I did not want to experiment on it too much on it. So I made a local copy of the site and turned everything off with the exception of Toolset. Even WooCommerce. It had no effect. Maybe installing Access and forcing the content to be visible to all users? As I said, it only happens when I am logged out.

Any ideas Shane. At this point, I think this is a bug.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

Sorry for the delayed response as the forums have been quite busy.

I'm currently testing this out to see if I can replicate on a fresh install.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

In my testing I was not able to replicate the issue.

At this point I wouldn't say it is a bug as yet, however I would like for you to create another copy of this view from scratch on a separate page and see if the same issue remains.

As of my testing on my localhost with the latest versions of toolset I was not able to replicate.

Thanks,
Shane

Well, this is good news and bad news. The good news is that Toolset is not broken, the bad news is that I am not sure what would cause this at this point. I will do as you say, Shane. As I said, I have a local copy that I can play around with. I will report back after testing. Thanks as always for your help Shane.

Ok, I figured out. The conditional is working right. I stylized the box using the Block styling features as opposed to writing my own CSS. In this case, the background color declaration is being removed when logged out. The workaround was to rewrite the CSS targetting that element. I still see an issue that might be a bug. Why are the block styles being removed? I think this might need some further investigation from your development team. The good news is that it is an easy fix for someone who knows CSS.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

You are correct there is a bug here regarding the container block styling information.

I've reported this issue to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Will provide an update on this as soon as I get any information.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane, at the very least I was able to address the issue with a bit more of CSS.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

Since our 2nd tier supporters are aware of the issue and i've provided them with a copy of a test site that I have with the issue replicated, there isn't anything much more we can do here.

If there is any other questions on this please let me know. If not then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.