Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional Logic custom fields not appearing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have a column class of one-third to two-thirds as you can see. I want to set the conditional logic so that if there isn't an image added to [types field='creative-team-member-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' align='center' size='custom' width='250px' height='250px' resize='proportional'][/types] then the [types field="creative-team-member-description"][/types] becomes full width.

Solution:

I suggest you try to follow our document to setup the wpv-conditional shortcode, For example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conditional-logic-custom-fields-not-appearing/#post-1232013

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/checking-fields-and-other-elements-for-emptynon-empty-values/

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bryanC-2 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

On the development site, hidden link I am creating a shows content template using a shows CPT with custom fields and repeatable custom fields. hidden link

On my Loop item in Crew Bios template hidden link I have a column class of one-third to two-thirds as you can see. I want to set the conditional logic so that if there isn't an image added to [types field='creative-team-member-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' align='center' size='custom' width='250px' height='250px' resize='proportional'][/types] then the [types field="creative-team-member-description"][/types] becomes full width. As you can see here, hidden link The content goes two-thirds only because there is no image.

When I highlight [types field='creative-team-member-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' align='center' size='custom' width='250px' height='250px' resize='proportional'][/types]
Or
[types field="creative-team-member-description"][/types]
and click "conditional output" the custom fields aren't listed in the available fields.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Yes your video on conditional logic here. https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

I've created a user account for you in so you can go into the site if needed.

One other minor thing. This is the first time I have created a page this complex with Toolset. I have never used repeatable fields. "At a glance" am I doing it the right way? I'm not used to putting so many views in a content template hidden link

It works and is fairly fast, so I assume I am doing it right. This is what I gather from the reference material.

Thanks a bunch.
I do love your product.

Bryan

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I have edited your post to hide the website credentials, and I am checking it in your website, will update here if there is anything found.

Here are what I found:
Q1) I want to set the conditional logic so that if there isn't an image added ...

I suggest you try to follow our document to setup the wpv-conditional shortcode,
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/checking-fields-and-other-elements-for-emptynon-empty-values/

I have done below modification in your website, edit the post view "Crew Bios":
hidden link

In section "Loop item in Crew Bios", change the shortcode to:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(creative-team-member-image) ne '' )"]
  <div class="team-member-image one-third first">
  	[types field='creative-team-member-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' align='center' size='custom' width='250px' height='250px' resize='proportional'][/types]  
  </div>
  <div class="team-member-bio two-thirds">
  </div>
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( $(creative-team-member-image) eq '' )"]
  <div class="team-member-bio three-thirds">
  </div>
[/wpv-conditional]

Please test it again, check if it is what you want, for example:
hidden link

Q2) "At a glance" am I doing it the right way?
Yes, I think you are in right way.

Thanks for the help
Bryan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.