Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional if custom-date-field is in month

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dianaM-4 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to build a shortcode for comparing a custom-date-field to a specific time-period, to check for that in a conditionial-if in one of my views.

I found this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-by-month-and-day/
But I'm not able to modify it, the way I need.

I want to check, if the date is between 1st of May and 31st of October, regardless the year.

Please could you help me with that?
Thanks, Diana

Custom Date Fields in Types store Timestamps, wich are seconds from the Timestamp Start moment.

So it can not really be said, this is a month and this a day and so on.

It's all calculated in seconds from xy.

But it should be possible to adapt Minesh's Code.

What he does, he creates 3 variables:
//This is the Value saved in the Database (your Date Field)
$val = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'wpcf-ordination', true );

//This is the month value, got from the above "full date". We get the month with 'n'. It's a number from 1 to 12
$mon = date('n',$val);

//Same here, this is the day, number of the day in the month, without leading 0
$day = date('j',$val);
hidden link

So, what you need is to change the above $mon and $day variables and pass the number you exactly need.
Since you have a max and min value, you just need to compare those with a proper date format in PHP.
Like:
$val = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'wpcf-ordination', true );
$mon = date('n',$val);//get month

$day = date('j',$val);//get day

$min_day = 1;
$max_day = 31;
$min_month = 6;
$max_monh = 9;

Then you compare if the $mon and day are greater or equal, and smaller or equal to your above set new variables (min and max)

Thanks, Beda,
that helped a lot to understand the code!
Because I only had to check for the month, I didn't have to compare the days ... Made it easier for me!

Thanks again!
Diana

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.