Skip Navigation

[Resolved] conditional bootsrap columns

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Capture.PNG

i have a bootsrap view here:
hidden link

"Our Locations" is the view in question, and it's looping a repeating field group. you can see that only 2 items are listed, but it is a 4 column bootstrap view. I am wondering if it is possible to go to a 2 column boostrap view when there are only 2 items, and a 3 column view if there are only 3 items?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Currently, Toolset does not offer a way to count the number of items on a repeating field. You will have to create a function or shortcode that will return the count. Then use the count inside conditional shortcodes to display different styles for each count.

Check an example of a shortcode that counts the number of items on a repeating field here hidden link

You will have to register the function in Toolset->Settings->Frontent Content, to make it available inside conditional shortcodes. Then use shortcodes to display different styles for each count. https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/conditional-html-output-in-views/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.