Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Compatibility with Visual Composer

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
Edit_Page_‹_Centre_for_Ageing_Research___Education_—_WordPress.png

This question was asked before. I use Visual Composer for all my sites. Problem is, when I use VC to insert text element, the "Field and Views" button don't show up (see screenshot)

Do you have plan to fix this, or it should be VC's problem?

andreyK-2
Supporter

The issue is in our to-do list already as a feature request. But unfortunately, I can't say exactly if this feature request will be implemented and when.

In the meantime, please check this post, it may helps you with a workaround :
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/populating-data-with-visual-composer/#post-331793

Than you !

Hello,

I have been escalated to this thread. It seems to be an issue with priority, Visual Composer GUI being initialized before Types. Anyway, could you sen me a copy of this plugin in order to check that problem? The next reply has been set as private.

Hello Dean,

Sorry, I wasn't so clear. I need a copy of Visual Composer plugin.

Hello,

Thanks. My apologies the long delay, this is just an update to let you know that I received that and I'm working on it now.

Hello,

After some debugging I've realized that Visual Composer does define different priorities everywhere, that's difficult to stay compatible with them and WordPress core features. I'll need some advise from our Types lead developer to see whether we can change something in our code to make it compatible. For example we do have a way to change Types init priority:

define( 'TYPES_INIT_PRIORITY', 1);

But even changing that we can't make the button appear. We need to use priority 10 for media buttons and I'll investigate with our developer whether we can make this priority also customizable. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the update.

Currently I can still insert views by temporary switching the editor to Classic Mode. It's a little cumbersome to have to find my way through hundreds of Visual Composer shortcode in order to find the right spot for inserting the view/field codes, but better than not having a way at all.

Nevertheless I hope you'll find solution soon.

Hello Dean,

This is just an update for your that we made some progress here. That issue will be completely addressed in Types 1.9 and Views 1.12. I have no ETA unfortunately.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.