Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Compatibility Question

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ryanK-3 11 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi. I've read that YOOTheme is not compatible with Warp6 in here a couple different places. (TOTAL BUMMER)

My question is pre-sale. I love your plugins here and I 'need' to use them right away. If I have to rebuild a customers entire website using a different theme, I will.

Is there a list of all the themes that are not compatible with whole tool set?? (please) =]

Thanks for your time!!

Dear Jason,

I only remember yootheme (based on Warp 6) as being incompatible. Even themes based on Warp 5.2 are working fine. Are you looking at any theme in particular?

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi CaridadZ!

I haven't even looked for a new theme yet. I love the way yootheme works and am still trying to figure out if I can make this happen some how.

Would you happen to know if it works with Warp 5.5?

Thank you very much for your help with this! 🙂

Will it work with GoodLayers theme hidden link? I know I'm a pain. I just really think your products will help me achieve great things. =]

Dear Jason,

I tested with the latest versions of our plugins and the warp framework, the problem I found is with WordPress Archives only. You can normally use a normal view and get the same results. I suggest that you try it and post any problems you find.

The solution is to replace the index.php file in the theme with this:

<?php 
get_header();
while (have_posts()) {
    the_post();
    the_title();
    the_content();
}
get_footer();
?>

This calls the proper hooks so that archive views are rendered properly and yoo features should work just as well.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi CaridadZ

My current index.php file inside the template has this;

<?php
/**
* @package Streamline
* @author YOOtheme hidden link
* @copyright Copyright (C) YOOtheme GmbH
* @license hidden link GNU/GPL
*/

// get warp
$warp = Warp::getInstance();

// load main template file, located in /layouts/template.php
echo $warp['template']->render('template');

I tried adding the code you gave me and I tried replacing both sections that start with // and it errors out and does not work.

It says: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/jhwest/public_html/streamlinesales.net/wp-content/themes/yoo_streamline_wp/index.php on line 9

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!!

Dear Jason,

Remove all the contents from the file and paste the contents exactly as above, starting with <?php and ending with ?>

Regards,
Caridad

I don't know why but it didn't error out that time. I assume that I still need to edit something for the custom fields and taxo's to show up in the post? I'm not sure about that but I'm trying to work on it.

MORE importantly. I was trying to use another test site and make a bunch of custom fields and taxonomies and 'exported' them out and INTO this main site and now when I try to make a post and view it, it thinks it's still under the old site I was testing it in. imported into 'mainsite.com and it still thinks it's in mainsite.com/test

🙁 wow. I can't win for losing lol.

Dear Jason,

You can set WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL in wp-config.php as explained here:

https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

You will also need to run the Velvet Blues Update Url to change the location of any images you had.

Regards,
Caridad

Thanks. So I have a custom post type set up using Types. I also have some custom fields and a couple custom taxonomies set up as well using Types.

I go in and hit new machine and the dialogue boxes show up. I fill everything in and when I post it, it only shows the title of the post and the body. None of the custom fields or taxonomies show up at all. The custom index file code is still in there, yes.

I can make you an admin account so you can look at it? It really shouldn't be that difficult. :/

Do I 'have' to have 'Views' to make this work?

One of us is assuming something the other person isn't. 😉

I can't thank you enough for your help with this. I'm about to give up though.

Dear Jason,

With our Views plugin you can do this by using a Content Template:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-view-templates-for-single-pages/

Without Views, you need to create specific template files for each type of page. In these template you can use types_render_field() to display the different fields:
https://toolset.com/documentation/functions/

If you want to customize the single page for a post type, use single-yourslug.php and for an archive use archive-yourslug.php. Replace yourslug with the slug of the custom post type you are trying to customize:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

Regards,
Caridad

SOLD! You are so cool. I'm going to start in on my purchase setting everything up. I can only hope the paid support is as good as the non-paid support.

Thank you, Miss CaridadZ!!!

'smiling'

JW

How old is this: Is Yootheme compatible with Toolset as of June 18th 2016; Warp 7?

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.