Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Compatibility issue with Toolset Views and Kadence Advanced Gallery

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Kadence blocks pro has a nice and easy to use Advanced Gallery and clients love it. Now it seems it doesn't work properly when Toolset Views is installed. The odd thing is that it does show some images, but when there are lots of images, it stops showing and actually all blocks on that page stop showing. When Toolset views is deactivated, everything works as expected. I contacted Kadence and they were not familiar with Toolset Views so they couldn't help. Perhaps you could help me find a solutions?

Hello,

Since it is a compatibility issue, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put it in your own google drive disk, and share the link.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thank you Luo. This is a huge multisite installation, duplicator package is almost 20GB. Do you really want to install it for one page issue? At the moment the best solution would be to be able to deactivate Toolset Views on this one page, but is there a way to do it? It's not in use there anyway. I can also send you the Kadence pro plugin. But yes of course if you really want the Duplicator package, I will try to deliver it.

I got the package down to 4-5 GB, so it's probably doable. May I have the PM form again, I can't seem to find it here now anymore, sorry. Thank you.

I don't really need the 20GB package, I need to duplicate the same problem in my localhost.

You can try these:
1) Install a fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins + Kadence blocks pro plugin
2) try to reproduce the problem
3) Provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, and provide a downloadable URL for the Kadence blocks pro plugin.

The private message box enabled again.

As I mentioned above, it is a compatibility issue, I need the detail steps to duplicate the same problem:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/compatibility-issue-with-toolset-views-and-kadence-advanced-gallery/#post-1610075

Your duplicator is 4G size, I will spend 6 hours to download it, in order to duplicate and debug the problem, you might get the answer tomorrow.

If you can provide details I mentioned above:
- detail steps to duplicate the same problem
- downloadable URL for the Kadence blocks pro plugin.

that will save a lots of time. private message box enabled, Thanks

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your test site, and I have tried the FTP access you provided, it is not valid, I get these error:
Command: USER debug2fi
Response: 331 Password required for debug2fi
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

So I am trying to install duplicator plugin and make the package in your test website, will feedback if there is anything found.

I can see the problem in my localhost, but there I don't find the detail steps to duplicate the same problem, I have tried it in your website be below steps:
1) Create a page, add a "Kadence Advanced Gallery" block:
hidden link

2) Test above page in front-end:
hidden link

It works fine, is there any missing steps? thanks

You must have enough images in the gallery. The gallery works when there are few images, but when you add more, it stops working. And this happens only when Toolset Views is active.

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem and have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Here is the feedback, this is a known issue, which is fixed in next version of Toolset Views plugin 3.2, current you can try the workaround in below errata link:
https://toolset.com/errata/when-using-a-certain-amount-of-images-in-galleries-while-toolset-is-active-the-galleries-might-not-display/

Hi Luo thank you very much, that file fixed it!

Toolset Views plugin version 3.2 is released, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-views/#changelog

Please test and feedback if it is fixed, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.