Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Comments input field for Custom Post Type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to display the Comments input field and existing comments in the template for a custom post type, but I do not understand how to display them in my Content Template using Toolset Blocks.

Solution: Normally the comments section is displayed by the theme when comments and discussion are enabled for a post. Usually no additional blocks are necessary in the Content Template. To enable comments for Rezensionen posts, go to Toolset > Post Types and edit the post type Rezensionen. In the Sections to display when editing panel, activate comments. Now when you create or edit a Rezensionen post in wp-admin, you have the ability to turn on or turn off discussion for that individual post.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaS-3 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,
I have created a custom post type with toolset "Rezensionen" (means reviews for Books).
On the Frontend I now have a Template and an Archive for "Rezensionen".
Now I like to offer a possibility for visitors to comments my reviews.
Is there a block for this? Unfortunately I could not find a suiting documentation or tutorial.

Yours
Frank

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 1.59.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 1.56.41 PM.png

Hello, normally the comments section is displayed by the theme when comments and discussion are enabled for a post. Usually no additional blocks are necessary in the Content Template. To enable comments for Rezensionen posts, go to Toolset > Post Types and edit the post type Rezensionen. In the Sections to display when editing panel, activate comments. Now when you create or edit a Rezensionen post in wp-admin, you have the ability to turn on or turn off discussion for that individual post. See the screenshots here and let me know if you have additional questions about turning comments on or off for a custom post.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.