Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Comment options don't seem to work in types

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:
add a custom post type, did not select the comment option

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

how to disable comment in custum post type.

screen-options.png
post-type-editor.png
discussion.png

Hello, it is possible that comments were previously activated in this post, then the Discussion panel in the post editor screen was hidden and you cannot see the "Allow comments" option. Please try these troubleshooting steps:
- Go to Toolset > Post Types and edit the Imported Drugs custom post type.
- In the panel "Sections to display when editing Imported Drugs", check "Comments." When you check this checkbox, it will temporarily enable the Discussion panel on this post type. See post-type-editor.png and place a check in the Comments checkbox.
- Edit this post: hidden link
- Find the Discussion panel. If the Discussion panel is not visible, click "Screen Options" up at the top of the screen, and activate the Discussion panel. See screen-options.png
- In the Discussion panel, is the "Allow comments" checkbox checked or unchecked? If it is checked, uncheck it. See discussion.png
- If comments are now hidden on the front-end of the site, you know how to solve this problem. You must turn off "Allow comments" for each post. Then go back to the post type editor and turn the Discussion panel OFF by unchecking the Comments checkbox. See post-type-editor.png.
- If comments still appear on the front-end of the site when "Allow comments" is unchecked, something else is going on and I need to take a closer look.

Please let me know the results of these troubleshooting steps.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.