Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to display conditional content based on custom user field

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display conditional content based on custom user field

Solution:
In this specific case, we use custom shortcode with [wpv-conditional] shortcode to compare the user custom field value.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/combining-apostrophe-and-quotes/#post-691169

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tiit Sau 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

How to get user id work inside this conditional?

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types usermeta='representing-a-company' user_id="[wpv-search-term param='user_id']" output='raw'][/types]' eq '1' )"]

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please tell me what value you want to check conditionally?

As I understand from your code that you've URL param which is assigned as user_id but what you want to check conditionally and whats not working for you.

syntax error.png

Looks like syntax problem with usage of quotes. Take a look of editor error colors on the picture.
Editor does not like thouse apostrophe inside quotes. Not printing debug information.
I want to check usermeta 'representing-a-company' and it works, if to set user id like this:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types usermeta='representing-a-company' user_id='1463' output='raw'][/types]' eq '1' )" ]

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I just tried same kind of shortcode on my local test install and I see that its working fine:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types usermeta='user-tmp-phone' user_id="[wpv-search-term param='user_id']" output='raw'][/types]' eq '1' )" debug="true"]

working 

[/wpv-conditional]

If your concern is regarding the red line - it maybe due to nested shortcodes and the words that do not understand by editor. So there is no harm using the way you are using now.

Does not work for me. By the way shortcode is inside CRED user editing form.

Minesh
Supporter

That was the difference I check with post editor but again I checked with CRED edit form and for me its working. Maybe its issue or nested shortcode you are using.

Can I have problem URL and access details so I can check whats going wrong there?

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - the thing is that I need to check the same code on CRED edit user form and I will try to reproduce the issue. I will check this on next week.

The thing is that if I assign static user_id="1463" - the code works but if you use nested shortcode with [wpv-search-term] and even I tried to use custom shortcode:

function func_get_url_user_id() {
	if(isset($_GET['user_id'])){
		return $_GET['user_id'];
	}
	return 0;
}
add_shortcode('get_url_user_id', 'func_get_url_user_id');

For example:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types usermeta='representing-a-company' user_id='[get_url_user_id]' output='raw'][/types]' eq '1' )" debug="true"]

But there is no success. I will try to debug this issue further and update you.

In the mean time - is it possible for you to share the duplicator copy?

Minesh
Supporter

I just checked with user edit form on my localhost and tried to reproduce the issue but I could not able to reproduce it.

So, I have find a workaround for you. I've added following code to your functions.php file:

function func_get_url_user_id() {
	if(isset($_GET['user_id']) and is_numeric($_GET['user_id'])){
		$is_company = get_user_meta($_GET['user_id'],'wpcf-representing-a-company',true);

if($is_company == 1){
			return 1;
		}else{
			return 0;	
		}
	}
	return 0;
}
add_shortcode('get_url_user_id', 'func_get_url_user_id');

And I've added the condition to CRED form as given under:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[get_url_user_id]' eq '1' )"]
  you are in
  [/wpv-conditional]

And I can see the conditional code is working just fine now.

Are you still editing or just logged in.
I can't access CRED forms to edit.

Minesh
Supporter

I was just logged in - I just logged out now.

Your PHP code works well and thanks for that!
But the present case is just small one and I do not want you writing me php on a daily basis.
Did you find out why this nested shortcode works on your server and not on mine?
Main question - is it server based or my software setup issue?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I dont able to reproduce the issue on my clean test install and nested shortcode used to work fine for me. I dont know why its not working on your install.

However - in this case it's not a nested shortcode but you are passing shortcode as attribute. So the solution I shared is better option.

Thanks again!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.