Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Columns not displayed correctly in View

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by francescoG-3 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Now, I have another issue, I set a View to display the loop results in 2 columns, but in frontend the results are displayed in 3 columns...
I create a new Content Template, select the View "lista con ricerca attività ricettive" I have create 5 versions, but all five versions have the same issue...

This is the page in frontend hidden link

Can you explain how this page is created in wp-admin? In other words, how have you added this Content Template and View to the page, is it part of the Divi Theme builder design, or another page builder system? I'm not quite clear how the page is created so I'm not sure where to look in wp-admin to see how it's put together.

2019607-Generatore_di_temi_Porto_di_Otranto_WordPress.png

From original ticket:
--
Well, I have used Divi Theme Generator (see the attached image)
I have created a Custom Template with View for every Custom Post Type. After I have created a Custom Template where I have added all Custom Templates with View (hidden link) inside a Conditional logic where the Custom Templates are displayed by CPT slug. And the shortcode of this Custom Template is added to the Divi Theme Generator layout.
--

Okay so I see this template contains several conditionals:
hidden link

The template displayed on /attivita-ricettiva/ is this one:
hidden link

When I try to edit the original View in this template, I can see that the number of columns in the grid is "3" instead of "2", but I have the same problem we're experiencing in other templates. The filters are broken and need to be recovered, then the template becomes uneditable, and I cannot save changes. So I'm not able to save updates after adjusting the number of columns in the grid. My team leader is still investigating this problem, and I'll keep you posted.

There is a new update of Divi and Jetpack, can I do them now?

Any news for other questions?

I would wait to update these other plugins in case you need to revert to a previous version of the database. That way you would not have to update Divi and Jetpack again later if we are unable to come to a better solution. My team leader is still investigating the issue with the clone of your porto site, and I'm standing by for his update.

My shift is ending soon, so I have assigned this ticket to my team leader, Nigel. He is in contact with our developers regarding the block editor issue, and will update you when our developers have progress to report.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Francesco

Now that the general issue editing templates on your site has been resolved, I'll look into this.

If you find anything has changed, let me know.

Nigel
Supporter

The copy of the site I have for testing locally doesn't have the details of the Divi theme templates you've created, so I can't test the issue directly without taking an updated version of the site.

But before I do that, I can't see the issue on the link you shared:

I set a View to display the loop results in 2 columns, but in frontend the results are displayed in 3 columns...

There is only a single result on that page, but it is clear that it is taking up half of the width (i.e. one of 2 columns) not one third (i.e. one of three columns).

So I can't see the issue on your own site.

Hi Nigel,
thank you for your reply.
Well, the issue comes only into the "attività ricettive" section.
After the last Toolset update that resolves all other issues about the compatibility with Divi, all works very fine now!!!

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 12.08.21.png

This is what I see at hidden link (screenshot).

That's correct, yes? Two columns?

So we can close here?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Yes, is correct now.
Thank you very much for your work and support, it has helped me to solve a big issue!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.