Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Columns created in LAYOUTS appear below one another on 100% width

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by gaborG 7 years, 3 months ago.

Author
Layout cell view in layouts.jpg
Layout cell view in front-end.jpg

I am trying to: create 3 columns in 1 row with the Layouts editor.
I expected to see: content organized in 3 columns of the same 1 row, each column taking up 33% of screen's width.
Instead, I got: content organized in 1 column of 3 different rows, each taking up 100% of screen's width.

The problem appears to be independent of the layout cell type.

Oddly enough, the same problem occurs when I try to make the 3 columns with the Grid of cells.
Even if I wrap each grid into <div class="col-xs-4 col-sm-4 col-md-4 col-lg-4"></div> or if I give the cells the col-xs-4 col-sm-4 col-md-4 col-lg-4 classes, it does nothing.

Is it possible that when Layouts removes my header and replaces it with a parent layout, it doesn't include the bootstrap CSS?

Yup, that's it. Bootstrap CSS doesn't get included in the LAYOUTS version of the page's layout. If I include it in my style.css, it displays properly in 3 columns.
Please confirm that you'll fix this.