Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Column sorting not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to sort the view result by distance address field

Solution:
The sorting by distance field is not supported yet but we do have a internal ticket filed as a new feature request and I'll add your voice to that internal ticket.

Please note that I do not have any ETA on it when this feature will be added but adding your voice may help our devs to thing about this feature again and set correct priority for this feature request.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
download.png

Hi,

I am facing problem to make the column sorting working for distance value from search result. please see the screenshot to understand the issue.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The sorting by distance field is not supported yet but we do have a internal ticket filed as a new feature request and I'll add your voice to that internal ticket.

Please note that I do not have any ETA on it when this feature will be added but adding your voice may help our devs to thing about this feature again and set correct priority for this feature request.

This is terrible news to hear.

We assumed sorting would work and promised the client this feature!

Can you please suggest a work-around??

can the view at least be ordered by distance??

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

You can set your view to order by your address field. When you set your view to order by the address field, you will see few options like "As a distance from" and further you will have few options.

Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

You can select your desired option for ordering as per your requirement.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.