Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Collocating two posts by different post type one by one

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello, I am trying to build a learning management system, that is used to schedule the 1 on 1 webinar, for example,
several different post types. webinars schedule, participant, that these post types are created with Toolset

The teacher uses the webinars schedule to schedule their available time, the student uses Participant to search and book the available time with a teacher. I set the Webinar schedule as the parent for teacher and set participant as Child to Student. that when the student book a time with the teacher, the teacher, and student can get identity information with each other.
The core system comes from Learndash including Course, Lesson, Topic and Assignment, I have tried, the post types come from Learndash are custom type ready, that means I can use View to display the items and insert custom fields using Type.

All future lessons are no visible for enrolled student only if the student schedule first webinar with a Teachers, release the first lesson, schedule the second webinar with a Teacher, release the second lesson, similarly, if the teacher or student cancel a webinar, the released lesson will be invisible. the released lesson will go back a step accordingly.

As you know the Class type comes from another plugin but custom type ready. is it possible to do? Thank you!

I apologize that I expressed a little wrong for the last sentence above, the post type of Lesson comes from Learndash, it was not Class type. Also, I can set an Enroll form for user Student and using the relationship to associate with the Enroll form and Lesson, so displaying the lessons list by User, but how can I make the unscheduled lessons invisible until scheduling with a Teacher, and once a schedule canceled, having been visible lesson go back to invisible? Hope my expression is clearly 🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

From what you've shared, I understand that you'd like to make available only those lessons to each Student, which belong to a particular Teacher, linked through webinar schedule.

In other words, show only those lessons to a Student which are from a Teacher, with whom there is an active scheduled webinar entry.

If that is correct, you can register a new repeating user field for Student level users ( https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/user-fields/ ), which will hold the ID of each teacher, with whom a webinar is scheduled.

Whenever a new webinar is a scheduled, you can store the Teacher's ID in the related Student user's newly added user field.

Likewise, when a webinar schedule is cancelled, you can remove that Teacher's ID from that Student's user field.

After that, when you want to show list of lessons, you can get all the Teacher IDs from that user field and then call only lessons connected to those teachers.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.