Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Collapsible Menus Aren't Working For Logged Out Users

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Open page hidden link
Collapsible menu was working fine
It was working fine before installing LearnDash plugin...but now it's working except for Logged In users.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Collapsible menu

Instead, I got:
Not opening.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 1.33.09 PM.png

Hi Ramez,

The problem could be that learndash has caused some jquery errors to appear in the console. See Screenshot

As you mentioned this works for logged in users?

Would you mind providing me with access so that I can see what it appears like for logged in users?

Thanks,
Shane

To be sure I mentioned right way:
Collapsible Menus are working with Logged in
Not working with logged out...visitors....this is the issue here for logged out.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

I checked your site and it seems the issue is being caused by your caching plugins.

I noticed you have 3 of them installed, so i deactivated all 3 because i noticed the error was coming from the cache.

Thanks,
Shane

Please help us to know the error that was coming from the Cache
To re adjust them...our site if of high traffic & we need these plugins to speed up the site.
Also things were working before the LearnDash while we have been using the Cache plugins...after LearnDash this issue appeared...so if you reactivated the Cache & Deactivated LearnDash the issue disappears.
If we Deactivated the Cache & kept the LeanDash the issue disappears...then it’s matter of something in the Toolset...or probably common in the other two plugins.
Please help us use the plugins & solve the root of the issue without deactivating any plugin.
Thanks a lot

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

Unfortunately this is not an issue that I can assist with in detail.

I can only say where the error is coming from. From What I see whenever the caching plugin is activated and it should be noted that you have 3 of them installed and activated which is not necessary.

However it seems to be that its because of the minifying of the js files.

The problem isn't being caused by toolset in any way but it does affect the collapsable items since Bootstrap uses Javascript for their collapse.

So even if our plugins were not in the picture it will still affect the basic bootstrap collapse.

Since you mentioned that things were working before you added learndash then its quite possible a conflict between Learn Dash and the caching plugin which I would suggest to contact the learndash team to see which caching plugins are compatible.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.