Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "close this view and return to the layout" button not visible in Layout Editor

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
close this view and return to layout - button visible with reduced window height.PNG
close this view and return to layout - button missing.PNG

I am trying to:
-> Create a new view cell (or other similar operations in Layout editor)

Issue: the button "close this view and return to the layout" is not visible using Chrome
If I reduce the height of the browser window, the button appears

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
-> only in admin mode

FYI: this made me nuts, because in the beginning I was not aware that the button was supposed to be there.
Now I know so I can work around it. I suggest to have the save button on the top so this can never happen

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your report and I was able to reproduce this on my test website.

We apologize for the inconvenience and this appears to happen only for screen sizes taller than 1100 px.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team and will keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ken,

I've heard back from the concerned team.

Since the Toolset Layouts plugin has been put in the "maintenance mode", it is very less likely that it will get any new features or interface/editor improvements. The newer updates for this plugin will be limited to the critical bugs/fixes only.

Our development focus at the moment is on the newer Blocks editor and we recommend our customers to use it for the newer projects while keeping the Layouts plugin only on the already completed ones.

Here are some resources with useful background information on this topic:
https://toolset.com/2019/11/toolset-views-becoming-toolset-blocks/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/migrating-from-layouts/#post-1300387

If you haven't tried the new Blocks editor already, I'll suggest to test it out too, as it offers much more design controls and flexibility:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/

For someone who continues to use the Layouts editor, the workaround of screen resizing can be used for the case when the buttons are not accessible, just as you noticed.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.