Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Choosing Theme – Page Builder Framework

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthewK-2 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I know you have 4 themes you recommend, but I want to find something as "minimalistic" as possible, and leverage toolset as much as possible. As such, I've found: hidden link Page Builder Framework claims they work with "all Page Builders". They even wrote a blog post about toolset (hidden link)

I'm wondering if there is any advantage of using one of your 4 preferred themes over the Page Builder Framework.

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Short answer:
No. You can use whatever theme you want and it should work without issues with Toolset. Sometimes issues arise! In that case, we, the Toolset support team, will do our best to help fix them.

Long answer:
We recommend the 4 themes because we were collaborating for a long time and because we personally test our plugins against those themes.
We are currently collaborating with the Page Builder Framework team, and that article was published as a result of our collaboration, and we are also in the testing process. It is not complete yet, and that's why we did not publish about the integration. I am sure, we will publish about it and we may also add the theme to our recommended themes list.

However, Toolset used to offer a page builder, the Toolset Layouts plugin, which we are retiring slowly. It is, now, part of our legacy plugins that will not be improved further. We are still supporting the legacy plugins, but only for bug fixes.
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-layouts/

All our future improvements will go to the Toolset Blocks plugin, which is not actually a page builder, but a set of blocks that can be used inside the Gutenberg editor, the built-in page builder from WordPress.
We also offer integration to popular page builders, such as Elementor with the View module, Divi with the view widget. And we offer several shortcodes that can be used almost everywhere and in every page builder.

Currently, the Toolset Blocks do not offer the same features that the legacy Toolset editor offers. The legacy Toolset editor uses a combination of HTML, shortcodes, CSS, and Javascript to allow users to build any design they like. And it is still an option to use. It is configurable in Toolset->Settings->General(tab)->Editing Experience. As a workaround for the missing features, our users can still use the legacy editor and shortcodes to build feature-rich, dynamic sites without coding.
You can check the list of Toolset blocks here https://toolset.com/block-item/

The Toolset suite is not a page builder, it is a set of plugins that offer a wide range of features to build complex and dynamic websites without coding. Nothing is perfect, so, sometimes, it is required to use a bit of coding. The primary plugins that you can find on your download page are as follow https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
- Toolset Types: Let's define the data model of your website, using custom post types, taxonomies, and fields.
- Toolset Blocks: Let's you customize how to display your date/content. But it only affects the main content. Toolset does not offer Footer or Header features. Does not affect WordPress menus. Does not offer to register custom sidebars and widgets.
- Toolset Forms: Let's you create, edit and delete content from front-end pages.
- Toolset Maps: Easily display any type of information on Google or Azure Maps. Offers distance-based searches.
- Toolset Access: Let's you customize role access control for post types and taxonomies, forms, and fields.
- Toolset WooCommerce Blocks: This allows you to build e-commerce sites with WooCommerce and Toolset.
- Toolset Forms Commerce: Let's you dd payment collection to Toolset forms.

It is also worth mentioning that we have some ready-made sites to get familiar with Toolset. I highly recommend that you play with them with the Page Builder Framework on our https://discover-wp.com/ platform

I hope this answers your question. All the best for your project(s)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.