Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Child fields in a view

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
1111.jpg

Hello,

I want to create a VIEW which display the most recent 5 books as displayed in the attached img.

I have created two post types with a relationship:

1. Parent Post: Book
2. Child Post: Rating

Parent post (Books) used to add the book name and it's cover picture.

Child post (Rating) is used with repeated fields to add the reader name and his rating.

I have properly set up the relationship between the two posts.

Now I have a problem with displaying the repeated fields (reader name + rating) inside the view. How it will be possible to add these child fields inside the view?

I hope it is clear. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Boris,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

In order to do this you will need to do a view in a view setup where you have a child view that list out the child fields.

This view is then added to the parent view so it will list each of the child post fields under the parent post.

We actually have a tutorial on how to achieve this.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Scroll down to the "User View with a Post View for a child" section.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.