Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Checking for weekdays and a specific dates in a view

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by manuelE 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi there,

I already searched & read quite a lot but I´m not getting an idea how I could approach to this … so hopefully you can give me a hint. 🙂

What I checked in the documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/date-filters/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-date/
(I understand it – more or less 🙂 – but I´m not able to bring it all together for what I need …)

What I checked in the forum:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-would-like-to-display-an-open-today-date-here-9am-5pm-message/
(I can follow Beda´s steps 1–3, but not really 4 and 5 :-))

I´m building a site for a yoga studio.

There I have two types of events:
1. weekly classes (e.g. each „Monday“)
2. special events on a specific date (e.g. „2017 07 27“)

For both I will have a Custom Post Type.
1. weekly class: the day will get a select field (or radiobuttons) for selecting the weekday.
2. special event: will have a date field

What I would like to achieve:
Displaying today´s events on the homepage.

Like for example:

What´s up today: (= e.g. Wednesday, 2017 06 28)
– Regular Class Nr 1, 10am (which is on each Wednesday)
– Special Event XY, 2pm (which is only on 2017 06 28)
– Regular Class Nr 2, 4pm (which is on each Wednesday)

So I need to create a view which is able to get:
a) todays weekday and display only posts with the current weekday-value
b) check todays date and display only posts of that date
… sorted with the time information (which simply could be a single line field for both I guess)

So, that´s it.
Would be so great if you could give me some advise.

Thanks (again :-))!
Manuel

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will try to help you to achieve exactly what you are looking for but I need to review your structure how you store your content and with which post types.

Is it possible for you to send me temporary access details so that I can review your current setup?
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

thanks VERY MUCH! for offering to deal with my request in that detail!!! 🙂

For now I was able to create a solution by myself – not with one single view but with two views (one for the weekly classes and one for the special events) – which turned out even better for the client. So for now, my issue is kind of resolved.
But again: I appreciate very much that you offer so much help! This is really great!

Bye for now and all the best!
Manuel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.