Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Checkboxes for allowing users to user "user registration" form not working

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ido Angel 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Here is the temprary workaround:
Use Chrome browser:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Access control-> Toolset Forms

"Inspect" HTML element, find this HTML codes:
sticky-col wpcf-access-table table table-condensed table-striped js-access-table widefat fixed striped columns-16

remove "sticky-col" from above codes, then you will be able to setup the checkboxes.

Thx Luo, that did the trick.
Leaving this open until a permanent solution is found.
Cheers and happy holidays!
Ido

I have to mark this thread as "Escalated to 2nd Tier" status, will update here if there is any news. Thanks for understanding.

Happy holidays!

Hey Luo,

Maybe I have a lead on what the problem is.
I exported all types data and tried to import it to another site - and got some errors.
For example, in taxonomies (copied from the XML file):

<1education-stage>1</1education-stage>

and:

<20302030-principles>1</20302030-principles>

I tried:

1) correct the taxonomies slug on the site. didn't work.
2) I tried to correct the errors in the xml file itself and then re-import it. didn't work.

But this could be it - it explains why the error is only on my site and not on a clean install.

Any ideas on this direction?

Thanks!

Ido

Dear Ido,

Here is the feedback from our 2nd tier supporters:
this issue happens whenever you have non-latin characters in a field group or form

So I don't think it is related, and it is in our to-do list, our developers are working on it, I will keeps on updating here if there is any news.

Hey Luo,
Any news on this?
I've checked all my field groups and forms - there are no non-latin characters there now - and still the issue occurs + I still can't edit any form which I've created nor can I create new ones.
Thanks!
Ido

It is still in our to-do list, our developers are working on it, currently, I don't have any news to update.

For the new question:
there are no non-latin characters there now - and still the issue occurs + I still can't edit any form which I've created nor can I create new ones.
It seems you have changed your website settings, please provide the new database dump file of your website in below private message box, I neeed to test and debug it in my localhost

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem with your database dump file, and escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporters, and it is still in our to-do list our developers are working on it, I will update here if there is anything news.

Currently, you can try the workaround I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/checkboxes-for-allowing-users-to-user-user-registration-form-not-working/page/2/#post-1430965

thx Luo,
I can't find this HTML i the edit form page, as this isn't an access page. not did I find any HTML element with "sticky-col" in there.
any help appreciated!
cheers
ido

sticky-col.JPG

Please elaborate the new question with more details:

I can't find this HTML i the edit form page, as this isn't an access page.

I have test again the workaround I mentioned above with your database dump file, I can see/remove the HTML CSS class name "sticky-col" without any problem, see screenshot: sticky-col.JPG

you're looking in the wrong place. try editing a form. you can't see the editing panel.

There are two post forms and one user form, I have tried all three forms in my localhost, it works fine, I can edit them all withour any problem.

Since in my localhost, I only test your database dump file with a fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, but your website are using other plugins/theme, so there might be other compatibility issue in your website, please do the normal debug in your website:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

error.png

already tried disabling all plugins and using the 2020 theme - still the same.
In the console window, when editing the form, i get the attached error.

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-get-the-attached-error/

For the new problem please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-get-the-attached-error/

This issue is fixed in next version of Access plugin 2.8.3, which is under QA status, I will update here if there is anything news.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.