Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Checkbox values not being consistently shown

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Checkbox values are not edited in Forms correctly.

Solution: Update to the latest version of Toolset software and purge all caches.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-form-doesnt-save-checkboxes-field-values/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Simon Logan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have a form which adds a finance product and amongst various fields it includes a checkbox list to let people select relevant options. I have an add form however when someone adds a product and selects a value (ie Residential) the email notification doesn't display the value of this field properly and neither does it show when you edit the product in the backend.

If, however, I view the product via the frontend "edit product" form instead then the value DOES show. Also when I checked the postsmeta table in the db I confirmed that the value does seem to be getting recorded properly (ie capitalisation).

Why would it be that the value seems to be getting stored in the db but isnt being parsed in the email triggered after the product is being added and neither is it viewable in the admin dashboard edit screen. If I apply the value (recheck the box) in the admin dashboard area, however, then it appears properly in both locations.

Hi, this sounds like a problem that should have been resolved in Toolset Forms 2.5.4: https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-form-doesnt-save-checkboxes-field-values/

Are you saying the problem continues to occur for new posts after the update to 2.5.4? If so there could be a caching problem, or there could be a plugin conflict, or the bug may not have been fully resolved. As a test, please try this:
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Forms
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty
- Place the new post Form on some custom Page and test creating a new post. Are checkboxes saved and displayed as expected now?
- If so, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If not, I'll need to take a closer look.

I had run an update just in case but it looks like there might have been more caching going on than I was expecting (Siteground have made recent changes to their caching systems) so another couple of clears and it is all working again as expected.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.