Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Checkbox-entrys not saved after update

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jonathanO 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
toolset.PNG

I am trying to: save checkboxes created in a Post Field Group

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (the green block within each module should display one of three values you can choose from a checkbox as well as the language below at the field "Sprache")

Instead, I got: when saving one of those posts, it erases whatever you have chosen in the checklist and doesn't save it. all other fields work normally.

In the screenshot: the red marked values don't save or get erased, if they have been saved before and the post now is updated.

The problem just occured after I updated all the toolset plugins.

Thanks for helping me out.

EDIT: this is the field group: hidden link. this is one of the affected posts: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that you have checkboxes field setup with old Types version and then you updated Types to latest version 3.0 and once you update to this version - the checkboxes field not working?

Correct ? Wasn't that a good idea?

But I had a recent Toolset version installed, therefore I didn't expected any problems.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - that is the process actually. Is it possible to send me the duplicator copy of your site. That will help me to debug this issue further:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Minesh
Supporter

Additionally - I would like to know have you migrated to new post relationship?

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/when-if-to-migrate-relationships-in-old-toolset-sites/

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks for sharing duplicator package - I've escalated this issue to our Devs. I will get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Hi Minesh

We replaced the checkbox that caused problems with a single line text element to have more flexibility. This solved the problem and the other checkbox in this field group is now working again (it get's correctly saved and displays with the proper selection in the frontend and backend).

If the problem was limited to our website, then you no longer have to investigate it.

Thanks for your support!

Best,
Marcial

I have the same issue with checkbox fields no longer working after update. Please let me know when it is fixed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.