Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Changes to view not seen in front end. View has map – could be cached?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The changes in content template does not take effect.

Solution:

The problem is editing wrong content template, see details here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/changes-to-view-not-seen-in-front-end-view-has-map-could-be-cached/#post-1310119

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesH-10 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Modify a view to change the text in a link to read 'Follow us on Facebook' - currently has the FB link in full

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the link text

Instead, I got: the full link remains.

I have purged the cache with my hosting but not sure if there could be another Views caching tool? View has a map attached but that is for map locations and not the view?

I actually changed the view about two weeks back but still not reflected in the front end.

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, there should be some cache problem in your website, I suggest you try these:

1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins(including those must enabled plugins), and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to this one and letting it close.

I am still having the same problem. I have disabled all plugins except for views and types. Default theme - 2019. No errors of any type to be seen.

Can you take a look for me? Let me know if the password needs to be reset.

Thanks!

I can log into your website, I have checked the post view "Business Search Pagination" again:
hidden link
in section "Loop Editor", you are using below content template shortcode:
[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-business-search"]

But in section "Loop item in Business Search Pagination", it is another content template, so it conducts the problem.

I have changed the content template to:
[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-business-search-pagination"]

Please test again, check if it is fixed, thanks

Ahhhhhh, gosh, because I cloned the view it kept the same template as it had before. Brilliant, thanks for finding that for me. Much appreciated!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.