Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change user role

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antonioV 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello,
I'm trying to set up a membership and I've read others tickets in the Toolset forum that there's some conflict between the WooCommerce and Toolset cred user role.
And the last ticket I read was from 2017, so I was wondering if there is any custom code to solve my problem.
I have two roles "employer" and "employer premium" and the "employer premium" has some features that the "employer" doesn't and I want that costumers can choose between 3 types of membership 3 months / 6 months and 12 months and when the chosen package ends the user role changes to "employer". Is there a way to do this with toolsets?
Kind Regards,
Antonio Vaz

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know are you using any woocommerce subscription plugin as otherwise how we can know that subscription is expired.

Toolset offers the way to run a hook after order is placed using Toolset Forms commerce:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-commerce-api/

Toolset do not offer any hook that runs as cron to check when the subscription is expired.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
I use cred with WooCommerce and with post forms it works fantastic I was only wondering if there was a costume code that I can use to change the User Role after X time.
Imagine that I have an "Employer" role that subscribes the "Employer Premium" role and after 3 months automatically downgrade to "Employer".
Kind regards
Antonio

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Imagine that I have an "Employer" role that subscribes the "Employer Premium" role and after 3 months automatically downgrade to "Employer".
==>
That is what I was saying that there is no such feature existing that run the CRON automatically after certain time as per your subscription package.

You need to use the plugins like WooCommerce Subscription that offers such feature.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.