Skip Navigation

[Resolved] change repeating field "add"" button's text

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shirlyk 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: I would like to replace the .wpt-repadd button's text to something else.

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/replace-wpt-repdelete-with-image/
that works perfect on the DELETE button's text. but not on the ADD button.

I expected to see: an option to insert my own text string for that button.

thank you 🙂

Dear shirlyk,

I suggest you use CRED filter hook "toolset_button_add_repetition_text" to change the button text, for example this thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/change-add-new-text-on-multiple-instances/

Hello Lou,
thanks for the response.
is this solution will change the text in all the cred forms i have?
can i apply this only to one specific cred i want?

in case i want on cred X to write one thing and on cred Y i want to write something else.

thank you!
s

You can use $cft['id'] to check the it is the specific "Add new" button, for example:

add_filter('toolset_button_add_repetition_text', 'my_add_new_text', 10, 2);
function my_add_new_text($str, $cfg){
	if($cfg[id] == 'cred_form_355_1_wpcf-repeating-field-1'){
		$str = "Add something new";
	}
	return $str;
}

To get the specific button ID, please view the source HTML code of the "Add new" button in front-end, for example:

<input type="button" class="js-wpt-repadd wpt-repadd" data-wpt-type="textfield" data-wpt-id="cred_form_355_1_wpcf-repeating-field-1" value="Add something new">

The attribute "data-wpt-id" is the button ID.

great! it works 🙂
thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.