Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change default view of repeatable field group?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
view1.png

In the backend i would like to change the default view of a repeatable field group. Can this somehow be controlled?

i could do it now via javascript, after loading, but of course that's quite a delay until the view is ready.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I checked but there is no master setting available to control the default view of Repeating field group. I think you have a point and we always encourage our users to submit their concern as new feature request.

Could you please submit the feature request using the following link and the concern person will review it:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Hi Minesh

thx. i make a request. So, there is no way currently to keep the view in a certain way? because now, even if a user changed the view, after reloading the edit-page, the view is gone again. and loading the view and switching takes like 10 seconds, especially if there are several entries (12max). and the default view that only shows the title is literally useless...

we used toolset/types to build a website for an existing electronic magazin, they have like 20 editors and 10'000s of articles. everything works peachy using only backend administration, aside from this little problem. i use repeatable field groups to manage the media-items of each article, so it's somewhat important.

i will open a request. but if you got a better workarround then to switch via JS after page, load, feel free to suggest 🙂

greets
beat

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - I just checked with my local test install where only latest Toolset plugins install with the default theme.

I can see that the repeating field group display status is working fine. Please check the following video.
=> hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.