Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Certain custom fields not saving

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the custom field value is not saving if the user had a conditional for that field and then removed the conditional field that is required.

Solution:

I was able to identify this bug and submitted it to our development team to fix, however no fix has been published yet.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by davidR-12 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a page here: hidden link

Password: Europa-808

This page has a lot of custom fields on it. However, on the backend (Its a custom post type called cafe) I am unable to save some of the custom fields. Some save whereas some dont.

Please help.

Regards,

David

We need to know what fields do not save.
Then, we need to know if after either removing or updating the 17 outdated Plugins, the issue still happens.
Note these include Toolset as well.

Then, if this issue still happens, we can check if it is a conflict with another plugin or theme by disabling them one by one on a test site.

If after the issue still persist, I would suggest to narrow down the fields that cannot be saved and try to replicate that locally (we can do that)
If then we can see the issue we can fix it as it would be a bug, otherwise, we will need to see how to best resolve the problem on site.

Hi Beda,

I have updated all plugins and turned off all plugins except types and the issue persists.

Please go here:

hidden link

There are lots of fields so I will choose a few for you to test. In the 'Top section' 'Cafe Title' saves normally. However in the 'Drinks section', 'Drinks main text' does not save.

regards,

David

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Would you mind if I took a duplicator package from this site so that I can have a look at it locally here?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

It seems that all these fields might've become unlinked or corrupted somehow.

I've created a new field group and the new field groups work fine.

Could you try deleting these fields and remaking them and see if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I figured out the issue. I had a checkbox field. The other fields would only display if that field was ticked. However, when I deleted that checkbox field, the other fields then automatically appeared. However, because they still had their conditional logic set up this was for some reason stopping them saving even though they were visible. I would consider this a bug in Toolset.

Regards,

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Could you let me know which field group that checkbox is in ?

I'm checking the field groups on my duplicator and was not able to find it.

Thanks,
Shane

The checkboxes have been removed from the field groups, thats what has created the issue. However, they still remain as a field. Once the field is deleted fully then the issue resolves. For example you can see the remaining fields in 'Bites' have a conditional set up based on a field that is not in that field group.

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

SO to get this clear, the bug is if you have a conditional and then you remove the field that activates that conditional then this would be the result?

Hi Shane,

If you remove the field that activates that conditional from the field group but dont delete that field completely then this issue arises.

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I wasn't able to replicate your exact issue but I found some usability issue .

In your case your fields won't save. In my case the fields don't show up.

Either way i've escalated this ticket to our 2nd tier suppers.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Interesting you had an issue but not the same one. Anyway, good to have found a bug and thank you for your support.

David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.