Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Centre align

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:

Align the content at the bottom of my home page (puppies.co.uk) in the centre.

The puppies for sale views is left aligned and I cant work out what CSS needs to be used to move it over

You can add a CSS class "centre-grid" to the grid View and give that class the following styles:

.centre-grid {
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
display: block;
width: 720px;
}

This will predefine a width for the grid and center it horizontally inside the container.

Hi there, this didnt work it just made all the items fall under neath eachother in the centre. I still want them all in the same row

We're talking about the Most Recent Puppies for Sale section, correct? I don't see the CSS class applied here. Can you replace it so I can troubleshoot?

Hi, you're right. I took it off as not working. Added back in now, please tell me why not working 🙂

Thanks!

The issue is with mobile view 🙂

Hi, I'm having trouble accessing the site at the moment, I see a server error 500 message. I will check again shortly.

I'm afraid I don't have a simple answer here. All the styles are cached and minified so I can't really see what's happening. What I can see is that there are some conflicts between Bootstrap and your theme, because the Bootstrap grid is not behaving as I would expect. For example, I see lots of styles for the class "row", which look very suspicious...if your theme or other plugins are modifying the row class then the code isn't Bootstrap compatible. What theme is this?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.