Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Categories disappear after adding product to cart

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a product search form that includes a category filter. If I select a category, then add a product to my Cart, when the search form refreshes I cannot see all the category options.

Solution: Check the Custom Search settings in your View. If you cannot see this panel, use the Screen Options tab in the top right corner of the screen to enable it. Make sure "Always show all the inputs" is chosen instead of "Only show the available inputs"

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/advanced-settings-custom-search/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Step 4.png
Step 3.png
Step 2.png
Step 1.png

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Whenever I add a product to cart AFTER selecting a categorie. All categories disappear. Please see the added screenshots.

Hi, this is unusual. Can you share a screenshot (or screenshots) showing all the settings for this View in the View editor screen? Also please copy + paste the code from your Loop Output editor, any Content Templates, and Filter Controls. I will review your information and see if I can figure out what's going on.

It's a pretty complicated view. Can I share my login info with you? So you can look at it yourself?

Yes, I have enabled private reply fields here so you can share login credentials.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 2.42.56 PM.png

In your Archive's Custom Search settings, choose " Laat me de individuele instellingen handmatig kiezen". Select the radio control that says "Alleen beschikbare opties voor elke invoer weergeven". See the attachment, and let me know the results.

Image 332.png

That didn't solve it for me. However, the other option did! Thanks for your help!

Ah, I had the options confused because of the language difference 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.