Skip Navigation

[Closed] Cashback site

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: build a cashback website.

A cashback website is a site where people buyes and get a reward for his shopping. I need to trace all clicks out with a unique id and add some code to database each time this appens. How can i integrate this with types, if it is possibile ?

You can see an example on: hidden link

I suggest you try this:
1) In wordpress admin side, use Types to create a custom post type and custom fields to store the unique id and code,
WordPress Custom Post Types
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/create-a-custom-post-type/
dding WordPress Custom Fields to Content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-custom-fields/

2) In wordpress front-end, use CRED form to setup it as a button which trace all clicks out.
Using CRED to create and edit content from front-pages
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-to-create-and-edit-content-from-front-pages/

Ok Louy,
thank you for your suggestion, i think could be a good idea.

Now since The flow is about this:

A) Registered User sees products to have cashback
B) He clicks on the button
C) He is redirected to the merchant's website by affiliation website (zanox.com) via a redirection link
D) In the redirection link i can set some custom zanox parameters i can resume later via zanox api. Something like: zanox.com/redirect.php?zanoxparam=432432423432&custompar1=[clickOutId]
E) Zanox store this data
F) If buying appens they flag in their DB the relative field associated wiht my clickOutId
G) I have to update my DB with this data, before having added some User Custom Fields
H) Show Data to user panel

Could you tell me how:
1) Where integrate php code to types that generate this code
2) Add code to store in user's

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alessandro,

The place to integrate the code for this functionality is in your theme's function.php file.

This is where all the custom coding should be place.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cashback site’ is closed to new replies.