Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Carousel Slider not displaying correct image sizes in first page load

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: display five images in every slide. For some reason, When you refresh the page it shows original images sizes for the first five images in slider.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I see number of JS errors when I checked your page: hidden link

In addition to that do you mean that the original (big images) showing just for a moment while page is loading and then its displaying normal thumbnail image?

The slider shows 5 items per page, the problem is that the first 5 items shows big images and if you click the next and previous button it shows 5 items in correct sizes. Also, I set the transition duration to 500 miliseconds so if you refresh the page you can see big images until the second slide shows correct image sizes.

Minesh
Supporter

For me, the slider is not working.

I see number of JS errors when I checked your page: hidden link

I checked with Chrome and Firefox browser but for both browser result is the same. Can you please clear your cache (Server + Browser) and check. I need to know what browser you are using?

As you can see with the screenshot at this end images display just fine but the slider is not working and I see the loading image:
=> hidden link

Stange, I don't see any JS errors. I see 5 large images appearing for about 5 seconds, then the slider starts to work. I'm using Chrome Browser. And I've flushed the GoDaddy cache.

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

I need to check on your install whats going wrong there.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I see following JS error on your browser's console.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'success' of null
    at Object.<anonymous> (wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.9.1&time=1567743438:1851)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp&time=1567743438:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp&time=1567743438:2)
    at x (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp&time=1567743438:4)
    at XMLHttpRequest.c (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp&time=1567743438:4)

And I duplicated the View and created a test page where you can see/debug on:

hidden link

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I've checked with my local test install and created brand new wordpress site and created slider with images but I do nnot able to reproduce this issue.

In order to find out and ensure there is no conflict between any third-party plugins or theme you are using:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Do you see any difference?

I think this might be due to the GoDaddy caching system. It seems if I append ?nocache=1 to the url the issue seems to disappear.

hidden link

Do you think that is it?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - indeed this is than caching issue.

ok, unfortunately GoDaddy doesn't have any settings that I know of to turn of their caching for specific pages. I guess a redirect to that ?nocache=1 url might work.

Minesh
Supporter

You may contact godaddy for that and ask them about your question and yes, for now, you should use ?nocache=1 in the URL.

GoDaddy says they cannot turn off their caching system, even for a specific page. So I have to believe this issue might be something different because many people are on the goDaddy Managed WordPress hosting and I can't imagine they also have this issue. right? Or that there is another way for me to make this slider/carousel so it doesn't get affected by their caching.

Tim

Minesh
Supporter

You may try to use the flexslider plugin that may be helpful for you to make slider without using views.
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/carousel-slider/

Well I know I can install another plugin for this, but I've already create a cpt and custom fields for this slider. It's user friendly for the client to add more and essentially it works but for that glitch. And I don't want an additional plugin when Types/views can do this. There's got to be a way to fix this without the need for another plugin...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.