Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Carousel Slider

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
post.PNG

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to create a carousel post slider using views (note I am using the legacy views plugin)

If it is possible would you be able to point me in the direction of the documentation

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stewart,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes this is possible to create a carousel like this with views.

Given that you've mentioned that it will be a Post Slider then i'm correct to assume that each slide in the slider is a separate post. If so then follow the instructions below:

1. Create your view by going to Toolset -> Views and click add new, then select the option "Display the results as a slider".
2. Using the Post Type setting on the view select the Post type that the slider will be displaying.
3. Under the "Pagination and Sliders Settings" you will change the setting to Display X number of items per page where x is the number of individual posts in the slide.
4. Also from the "Pagination and Sliders Settings" you can setup the transition types, etc
5. The Pagination Controls can be added using the Pagination Controls button in the Loop Editor section of the view.
6. I recommend using the Loop wizard to setup your column type layout using the Bootstrap columns and setting it to the same number of columns that you've listen in the Post per page.

Please let me know if this helps or if further clarification is needed.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.