Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Capabilities for CPTs and Taxonomies

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Capabilities for CPTs and Taxonomies

Hello, how are you?

I have a question regarding how Types works and how it will impact Access (or user roles).

I am creating several types of CPTs and taxonomies and I would like to know if when I create these new items, if they are also created their proper capabilities to link the roles of users.

Example:

Natively for standard posts there are these user capabilities: edit_posts, edit_private_posts, delete_posts.

If I create a new CPT called "cars", the capabilities should exist: edit_cars, edit_private_cars, delete_cars.

As with taxonomies, the logic is the same.

My question is: when I create CPTs and taxonomies, are these capabilities created automatically or not? Is it possible to add these capabilities through the Types plugin? or how to do this via code?

I ask why I can't find this inside the Access plugin or another plugin (User Role Editor) and I need this to be able to control users' access to the appropriate areas within the content manager.

Without these correctly configured capabilities, I am unable to create accesses properly within user roles (especially when we need to use another plugin to control user roles, in the case of User Role Editor Pro, which has several extra access control functions).

Can you help me with that?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 2.34.28 PM.png

Hi Henrique,

Thank you for getting in touch.

No for our Access plugin you're not able to set the roles of the CPT or Taxonomy by setting the user capabilities.

What you need to do is set the CPT to be managed by access. See Screenshot

You can then check or uncheck the capabilities that you want that User Role to have on that particular CPT.

If you go to Toolset -> Access Control you should see a tab for Taxonomy and Post type where you can manage this.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.