Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t zoom into markers when addresses too close

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm displaying a map with cluster markers, but I would like to show distinct markers when zoomed in.

Solution: One option is to use the cluster_max_zoom attribute on the wpv-map-render shortcode. This option can be used to break apart clusters when zoomed in past a certain level. It's in the clustering options in the map shortcode popup, or you can set it manually like this:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" cluster="on" cluster_max_zoom="14"][/wpv-map-render]

You can experiment with the numeric value to see what works best for your content.

Another option is you can use the spiderfy feature to spread out markers that are in identical locations.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#grouping-close-markers-into-clusters

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicholasM 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
map3.PNG
map2.PNG
map1.PNG

When I go to my map hidden link and I have a cluster of addresses that are too close I can't get it too zoom in to individual map markers when the addresses are really close. If I go to no clusters it works fine, it's like I need the cluster to break apart at an earlier map zoom level or something?

Hi, one option is to use the cluster_max_zoom attribute on the wpv-map-render shortcode. This option can be used to break apart clusters when zoomed in past a certain level. It's in the clustering options in the map shortcode popup, or you can set it manually like this:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" cluster="on" cluster_max_zoom="14"][/wpv-map-render]

You can experiment with the numeric value to see what works best for your content.

Another option is you can use the spiderfy feature to spread out markers that are in identical locations. We have some documentation about that available here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#grouping-close-markers-into-clusters

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.