Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't use Elementor shortcode in hook or content template

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
I disabled the page titles in my theme, and then created a section template in Elementor which is just a full width box with the page title. I then included the shortcode for this section template in my theme. It works on every page.

But, when I try and use it on a content template inside Toolset, it doesn't appear. It's like the shortcode isn't parsed at all. I know the hook is being parsed, as I wrote "Hello" after the shortcode, and that appears.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand - you created the section template in Elementor and using elementor shortcode you added that elementor shortcode to display the section template output to the content template you created with views - if this is correct:

We already mentioned with our Docs - this is a limitation

do not insert an Elementor Template into a View’s Loop Item or Content Template.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/#limitations-when-using-elementor-and-toolset-templates-together

Ok

Is this something that will be rectified?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

If the issue is exactly what I shared, then you need to make a choice that either you should go for view's content template or go for the Elementor's template.

If you can share admin access and problem URL where I can see the issue and what is your expected results - I will try to check and see if there is any other possibility or workaround to share.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.