Skip Navigation

[Closed] Can't upload file with CRED. Can't download from Views content template.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
download-failed.gif
upload-failed.gif

I am trying to: upload files with CRED form and download from Views content template

I visited this URL: hidden link and hidden link

I expected to see: file uploaded successfully and file downloaded successfully

Instead, I got: "upload failed" and "requested content cannot be loaded"

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

At least with file uploads there is no issue with CRED forms. But to minimize the cause of the issue:

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

does it makes any difference?

I've resolved the download issue. Still can't upload. I disabled all plugins but it still didn't work.

Dear Clay,

Minesh is not available for now, I checked the problem URL for upload:
hidden link

which is a 404 error page, I assume the upload form is created with CRED.
please try this,:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme
2) Enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the action you mentioned above, copy/paste the debug logs here.
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Hi Luoy,

The URL has been changed to hidden link

I turned off all plugins (except the Toolset ones) and switched to default theme, but no luck. I'm not seeing anything in the error log either. Can you take a look at the URL please? Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Could you please share login access details so that I can see your page.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't upload file with CRED. Can't download from Views content template.’ is closed to new replies.