Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't update layouts or types through "update now" or manually

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

Since update always "fails" I have to update manually by deleting plugins in plugins page in admin and re-installing.
I've updated some, but...Layouts and Types doesn't give me a "delete" button after I deactivate them.
What do I do - how do I update.

thanks,
Scott.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

By default, when the Toolset Layouts and Types plugins are deactivated, they show a "Delete" link in the plugin list.
( screenshot: hidden link )

In case that link is missing from your website, you can consult your website's host to see if they have added any restrictions on automatic plugin updates or deletions.

Meanwhile, you can manually delete the old plugin files and upload the new ones, using either your host's file manager tool or the FTP access.

Here is a useful guide on the topic:
hidden link

Note: The latest plugins files can be downloaded from:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.