Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't reset password

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Capture4.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG

Hi,

Before this link works, but today I test it. It sent reset password link to my email. I clicked the link then it just go to home page rather than let me reset password.

In the reset password page there is only one form. The user role I tried to reset is "Subscriber".

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website with a similar setup and couldn't reproduce this behavior.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how these forms and pages are configured, to be able to reproduce and investigate this on a test website.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the "Forgot password" page has a shortcode "wpv-forgot-password-form" that uses the pretty permalink structure for the "reset_password_url" attribute:

[wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]

But, in the website's permalink settings ( WP Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks ), the "Plain" option is selected and as a result of this, the "Reset password" page's current URL is hidden link and not hidden link.

To fix this, you can either turn on a pretty permalink structure ( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-permalinks/ ) or update the shortcode to use the current URL of the "Reset password" page.

Apart from this change in URL, the password reset form worked as expected, when I tested it with a test subscriber user.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.