Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't publish a template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanF 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
error message on template.jpg

I just had a similar issue with a page. Where deactivating and reactivating of the Toolset Blocks Plugin did fix the problem.
But this time I can't publish a custom post type template anymore. So deactivating the Blocks Toolset does not help. Neither did deactivating the other plugins.

It started with a test of a user (role: Anbieter) to add a new post of the custom post type (Angebot). After using the front end form this error appeared: (see screenshot)
Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /www/htdocs/w01ab6af/moinzukunftforum.de/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/Block/Gallery/Shortcode/AltText.php on line 43

Notice: Trying to get property 'post_excerpt' of non-object in /www/htdocs/w01ab6af/moinzukunftforum.de/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/Block/Gallery/Shortcode/Caption.php on line 41

Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /www/htdocs/w01ab6af/moinzukunftforum.de/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/Block/Gallery/Shortcode/Caption.php on line 45 this.

Debug mode for WordPress is on.

When I checked the template I noticed that I can't publish it anymore.

The very strange thing is, that just let's say an hour before. The same process did work.
And some of the values that I did enter into the front end form did not appear on the frontend page (the one that showed the error.)
For example, I added a value for Angebotsdauer. But it did not show up on the front end.

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist with this issue, I would like to see it and reproduce it. Would you allow me temporary access to your backend? If yes, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Please provide a clear step-by-step to reproduce the issue:
- Go to URL ...
- Go to ...
- Save ...
- I expect to have ...
- Instead, I got ...

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you for the credentials and for the PDF file. I was able to save the template by reverting to a previous version of it. The difference was in <br> and <br /> tags. I am not sure what was the cause of that.

Please check the difference between the content template in this screenshot hidden link

I guess that the remaining issue is the PHP notices, right?
To investigate those, I'll need to take a copy of your website and debug it locally. We prefer Duplicator copies hidden link

Please let me if it is ok for you to take a copy of your website.

Also, let me know if I missed something.

Jamal, that sounds great.
Although I am not sure if I did understand the problem. But I am happy to hear that you could fix it.
Anyway, you can create a copy to debug it locally! I already installed the duplicator plugin.

Edit: I just checked if it is fixed for me as well, but I can't see any difference to before. The template still can't be published and the "Angebote erstellen" still does not work properly. Do I have to change anything on my end to get it back up running?

Many, many thanks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.