Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cant modify access user meta fields – wont let me restrict access to them

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stuart 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I have a bunch of custom user meta fields set and some hold data that I dont want the user when registering to have access to see or have access to modify.

I have tried to removed the access for the specified roles, however I can 'uncheck' them in the back end... see vid.
(this is actually true for any role, not just the new roles created).

I have uninstalled Access and reinstalled to no effect.

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Stuart

This sounds like the issue which was resolved with Access 2.8.2 : https://toolset.com/errata/checkboxes-in-toolset-access-forms-settings-are-not-working/

I just tested it on my local install with the latest version to set access to a user field group and there was no problem using the checkboxes.

From your debug info it looks like you are using the latest version of Access, so it should be working for you too.

I wonder if it might be a caching problem in that case, most likely the browser cache.

Can you clear your browser cache and perform a hard reload on the page and try again?

Hey Nigel, thanks for getting back to me... ran a hard refresh in FF, and created the same issue in a totally different environment (site).

Logged in again and tested via a different browser (FF Dev edition).

The non user meta boxes are clickable, just not the user meta... which is a bit odd.

let me know if you need access and Ill grant on on one of the environments.

*** Edit: I disabled javascript on the admin Cred Access Edit page (after looking the link above) and the formatting went a bit mental, but I could check the box - BUT NOT Save, .... unless I select to load javascript again (this is all in 'inspect element' section), the page reloads but keeps my previous selection which then allows me to use the save button. ?

Anyway - that's a workaround if anyone needs it urgently. ***

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Stuart

Can I get access to a test server to see for myself? I'll probably need to take a copy once I confirm.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Stuart

I've confirmed the problem on your site and simple debugging steps doesn't fix it, so I've taken a copy of the site and have passed that to my colleagues to debug further.

I'll let you know what they find.

No worries Nigel, and like I mentioned above, I manage to get round it to keep moving forward. ... 🙂

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Stuart

This should have been fixed with today's Access release, if you could please update and let me know if you see any problems still.

(If you can't see the update in your plugins page, click the Check for Updates button from the custom Toolset installer page.)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.