Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't insert edit shortcode

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by romanF 3 years, 9 months ago.

Author
editlink_notworking.jpg

I am offering an overview of a certain custom post type. On the My Account Page, I added a VIEW of all the posts that belong to the user. I would like to give them the possibility to edit the listed posts.

I did follow this tutorial here:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/

But when I want to enter the Shortcode with the edit post link. The button is greyed out.
Any idea where I went wrong?

Not sure what is going on. After I could not find a solution to this problem yesterday, it just did work this morning.
My guess is, that I had marked text I wanted to link before inserting the link. I guess this prevented the shortcode from being added.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.