[Closed] Can't import Types XML file

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marlyse 8 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

The error I receive is :

Import/Export
Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Error uploading file

The steps I do is a) export types data then b) import that exported file.

I'm using MU.

Thanks for any pointers,
---marlyse

As a note - I solved the current problem by copy/pasting the XML data into the INPORT TYPES DATA TEXT INPUT field.

So at this point it is more of a question of "why is it happening" and as info to you, that importing the XML file error's out.

Dear Marlyse,

Go to your Network Admin and click on Settings. In there you have a list of allowed file extensions for upload. Add the zip extension to that list.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Hi - I am confused. I am not trying to upload a zip file but the xml file which I exported (file extension .xml not .zip).

As the xml extension was missing I added that, assuming it will now work in the future. Thank you.

If you could just confirm that you "meant" xml and not zip, then I'm all clear.

Thanks.

Dear Marlyse,

When you export from Types you get a zipped xml file.
For importing you can use both the xml or the zip.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

This is odd, my exports resulted in plain XML files and no automatic unzipping going on. Maybe it's different in the new version, I'll keep an eye open. Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Can't import Types XML file’ is closed to new replies.