Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't get Toolset to work on my live site

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jacquelineB-2 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
test1.jpg
test 2.jpg
live 2.jpg
live 1.jpg

I'm having issues getting Toolset to work on my live website. I've created a search and it works fine on my test site. When I transfer it over to the live site, there is a bunch of HTML and when you do a preview, it does not show the search.

I've disabled all of the plugins on the live site except Toolset and it made no difference, it just tells me the site doesn't include support for the toolset views. Not sure why since the only active plugins at that point are Toolset Blocks and Views. I attempted a block recovery and got nothing. I converted it to HTML and it got messed up.

The test site and live site are exactly the same. One thought is that maybe the plugin is getting confused between the test and live sites and thinks I'm trying to use the plugin on two sites when I only have licensing for one site. The reason I'm using a test site in the first place is that I cannot get Toolset to work on my website. I have a previous help ticket about this issue. The issue was never resolved and Toolset only works on my test site.

The last person who helped me unplugged everything from my live site and Toolset ended up working insofar as I was able to create custom fields. Prior to that, I couldn't get the custom fields to show up on my site after I created them. That part got fixed but now that I'm trying to finish creating my search, it won't work on my site.

I've attached photos of the test site, where my search is working, and the live site where it is not. Let me know if you have any ideas why this plugin is such an issue with my site. I'm using the Astra theme and I also use Elementor on the site but neither of those should be an issue with Toolset.

I've labeled the images Test 1 and 2 so you can see how things look from edit and preview on the test site and Live 1 and 2 so you can see that it does not work on the live site.

Thanks,
Jacquie

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jacquie,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you provide me with access to the site where it doesn't work so that I can have a quick look for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response. Also please send a link to the page that has the view.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jacquie,

I see the issue, however can you go ahead and remake the view here?
hidden link

What I would like to see is what happens when you recreate the view because I noticed an issue with the theme itself where the content on even regular pages are not showing up correctly.

Once you've remade the view please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

I tried to create a new view and it let me get to the point of inserting a custom search filter and it just spins, like it's thinking. That's as far as it would let me get before, so I decided to try the test site and it worked there. The test site has the same theme and all the same plugins. I don't understand why it works on the test site but not the live site. Even if I had to build it on the test site, you would think it would transfer over to the live site but it won't translate correctly.

I don't think it's the theme. I chose the Astra theme specifically because it said that Toolset would work well with it. I've been struggling with this plugin since I got it. It works beautifully on the test site but you are the second person who has tried to help me. I'm getting close to asking for my money back and hiring someone to create the custom search for me. I hope you can help me so I don't have to do that. I really do love all that Toolset offers, if only we could get it to work on my live site.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 10.09.33 AM.png

Hi Jacqueline,

I looked at the console for the site and notice that the API calls for Toolset are throwing an error 403, which means forbidden. See Screenshot.

This leads me to believe that there is some configuration differences between the Live site and the Test site. Are these sites running on different hosts?

Is the live site still running on the wpmudev server?

Secondly how was this site migrated to the live instance ?

For the error 403 I would recommend checking with the host for them to look a the screenshot i've sent so that they can check to see what is blocking the api calls and allow them.

Once we understand what is happening here then we can take it from there. However seeing that it works on the test site perfectly fine is a good indication of server configuration difference.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

It looks like a firewall was blocking a request from Toolset. I turned off the firewall and the Message Search edit screen finally loaded, but the public page still isn’t showing up. Can you figure out what the problem is now?

I’m excited we’re making some progress!! Thank you for working with me on this. Hopefully we’re close to a solution.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jacqueline,

Sorry for the delayed response as my shift had closed yesterday.

I had a look at the message search page and it seems to be showing up .
hidden link

Can you clarify what you mean by "the public page still isn’t showing up".

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I know it works on the harvest staging site. That is my test site. It does not work on the live site which is harvestfbc.org. I tried to copy the test site over to the live site and it still didn’t work. This is my entire problem. Toolset is not working on my live site.

I gave you the logins for that site as well but here they are again, in case you didn’t notice them. Hopefully you can help me figure this out.

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jacqueline,

I went ahead and did another test by remaking the view and creating it as Message View 3 and as you can see now the item is being loaded.
hidden link

What you can do now is to replace my filters and continue designing out your view as intended and you can let me know if any issues still remains and we can continue having a look.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

Just wanted to tell you that Toolset is working on my site perfectly! Thank you for your help. I think the firewall was the issue. I'm so glad it's finally working! : )

Jacquie

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jacquie,

I'm happy that I was able to assist you with resolving this issue.

You can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved when you're ready 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.