Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't get a basic post type to show with Divi Integration.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: get Toolset working for the first time. It seems that after installing the real estate demo content, we have issues with that and Divi integration.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The basic post type we set up using a simple layout, but it looks all messed up.

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laura,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you provide me with a screenshot of the issue and how you are expecting the information to look on the frontend.

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot 2016-03-18 12.44.46.png

Thank you - Let me go back and give a little more history. We like the divi theme and wanted to use the real estate divi theme toolset integration with it. We loaded all that on there, but even the test content loaded into the real estate listings did not show when you clicked on them. you could see the headline and subtext, but if you clicked on it, it went to a blank page. So we removed that module. We just wanted to use that so we could replace all the parameters for a different use - but we could not get anything to show. (not the real estate "site" but we wanted to use the real estate layout and other features already set up in that real estate "package" from your company).

If we activated the divi integrator, all the content went out of whack...screenshot is what the home page looks like with the divi integration plugin activated - when I deactivate it, it looks normal (see here) hidden link but nothing shows for listings.

Is there a way you could login to our wordpress site and just take a look? We deleted the real estate toolset because we were trying to eliminate bugs. but now we are 2 days of wasted time into this project and need a quicker fix. we paid for all of this expecting it to work "out of the box." If we can just get that toolset working as it is advertised (I bought it based on the blog sent out last week), we can change the taxonomies to match what we want. I appreciate your help!

Could we clean out all the toolset plugins and have you guys do a fresh install of the real estate toolset plugin that integrates with divi? We want the option to have the search features, etc. too - but we don't want to build all from scratch. this kept us within our budget, but now we are over budget because of issues/conflicts or whatever is going on with the set. thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the background information.

The issue here is that the Demo is built specifically to work with our Toolset Boostrap start theme so some of the CSS elements wont be present in the Divi themes that the functionality was built on.

So some re-styling would need to be done in order to integrate it with divi.

I would need to investigate further the issue with Divi. Could you provide me with a copy of the Divi version that you are using?

I'll enable the private fields so you can share the theme with me.

Thanks,
Shane

we are using the most recent version of the divi theme, and it is installed, as well.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the credentials.

I was able to perform some more tests, let me try to explain what is happening here.

So I sent an email to the relevant developer of the plugin, but I was advised that there were some bug fixes made.

Hopefully this will cause the plugin to function better once the update is released.

Also regarding switching from out default bootstrap theme to divi will mess up the Real Estate design, as it is meant to be used with out Toolset Bootstrap Theme.

The reason is that the toolset bootstrap theme has the elements that were used to create the Real Estate design and in Divi these elements are not there.

This means that you have to redesign the Real Estate setup to adopt it to your Divi theme. The Layouts integration only facilitates the use of some of the Divi elements such as widget area, Logo option and Menu.

Having the integration will not cause a smooth transition when you switch from the Toolset theme to the Divi Theme.

So what I would highly recommend that you do is to use the Toolset Bootstrap theme and then begin your customizations from there. Using Divi will essentially be starting from scratch again 🙁 because of the integration that needs to be done.

Thanks,
Shane

I would like to see about a refund. I purchased this toolset and then had to spend more money to get the wp multilingual plugin - and this is not working as I expected. Can you help with that, please? thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Laura,

I must apologise that I wasn't able to assist with this one 🙁

Please see the link below for our refund policy.
https://toolset.com/buy/refund-policy/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.