Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t edit a View from the Toolset Dashboard

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was not able to edit a view in the admin area.

Solution:
It turns out that the view was created with the legacy editor, and that the Toolset Settings were changed to only support the blocks editor.
Once we activate the legacy editor too, we were able to edit the view.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to:
Create a View from the Toolset Dashboard. I can only create the name but when it goes to the edit screen, I get a warning saying 'Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.'

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Create View interface

Instead, I got:
Error message.

Here's a screenshot: hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems that you were activating only the Blocks editor in the editing experience(Toolset->Settings->General(tab)) and trying to edit a view that was created with the legacy editor. Check this screenshot hidden link
You will need to activate the legacy editor, either exclusively, or with the blocks editor too. Once I activated both editors, I was able to edit the view without issues.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Jamal. OK thanks, I didn't know that was setting I had to tweak. I appreciate you helping me with that. I've got a related question but I'll start a different ticket so this one dosn't get messy — you did solve the original problem. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.